Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Say What? The 7 year old

Our "baby" is a whirlwind of energy these days.  He hates to sit and do homework or do his chores but he'll gladly race around the house. 

He is interested in fairness, mostly when he thinks something isn't fair to HIM.

He is self-absorbed but at times is the sweetest little boy in the world.

The other night, our family was treated to dinner at a restaurant.  Our son watched the waitress scurrying around refilling drinks, taking away used plates, etc.  He declared, "It's not fair that we sit here and you take all our dirty plates!"  This got a smile and a "That's my job!" from the pretty teenaged girl.

Just yesterday as I was cooking dinner, he came up to me and asked, "Can I give you a kiss?"  I offered my cheek, which got a quick peck, and then I asked him, "Can I kiss you?"  He offered his cheek with a look on his face suggesting that he had planned that all along.  I gave him a kiss and he ran off without another word.


No comments: