Thursday, January 3, 2013

The procrastinating perfectionist

I haven't blogged because I haven't had anything to say.

Or maybe I've had too much to say.

Or maybe I've been trying not to say things I shouldn't.

Or maybe I've wanted something perfect to say and haven't thought of it yet.

Ah well.

...............

I used to make resolutions in January - no longer.  If changing something doesn't matter to me the rest of the year, why change it now?

Should I be making changes? Sure.  We could all do better at something or other.  But I'm going to do it on my schedule when I'm ready.  I'm not letting anyone bully me into making goals I know will just fall apart in a few days. 

...............

Congress, you suck.

..............


I hate how my body just won't stay warm in the winter anymore. I have to bundle up to be comfortable in a 70 degree F house.  I'm exercising in the mornings now to get WARM, not to lose weight. The warmth from the exercise enables me to take off my clothes long enough to shower and then I have to bundle up again.

...............

I love that the six inches of snow we had at Christmas is still here and hides all the things I need to do out in the yard in the spring.  I don't envy the construction workers building two new houses on my street.  How do they stand it?

..............

When I was young, it was really bad to say "fart".  It was the "other F word".  Now I'm hearing it all over the place.  And my kids have no problem "letting one go" and at the loudest volume possible.  I know we all have digestive issues at times, but really?  It's like they're proud of it.  If anyone had done that in class when I was a kid, there would have been a lot of shaming and merciless teasing going on.  But now, it seems the kid who can do it in class gets some high fives along with the "oh, dude, you had to go and do that?"

...............

To the kid who walks around outside in subfreezing weather in shorts and a hoodie wrapped around his waist:  You're not being brave or manly.  I realize you're going to be inside most of the day but Come ON! Would it kill you to put a jacket on?

..............

It used to be that the toes in my socks would wear out first, now it's the heels. I've always trimmed my nails on a regular basis, why would the toes not wear out now?  My heels haven't got THAT scaly - at least I think not, I've been lotioning my feet every day.  Is it the shoes?

..............

Why do the news websites have so many stories about what "celebrities" think, do, wear, say, etc.? I really don't care who is having a baby, who got a new tattoo, who is getting married/divorced/arrested outside my immediate family.  Stuff that you used to see only in the tabloids are now major headlines on the internet.  I've rolled my eyes so much they need to be rotated.

.............

Okay, that's enough random spew for now.  I'm sure you've had more than enough.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'M WITH YOU on every subject!!!!!
If our country is being run by idiots
no wonder we can't make any headway.
OH for the Savior to come and rule!!!