Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday Musings: One more dawn...

"Another day another destiny, this never-ending road to Calvary..."  My apologies to the original cast of Les Miserables, it just popped in my head.

Election Day tomorrow.

I am faced, again, with a choice between two evils: essentially two major party candidates whose integrity I question. 

I could vote for an independent, knowing full well such a candidate has NO chance of winning in a system where "electors" are allowed to speak for everyone, but at least I could say in the next four years, "I didn't vote for the guy."  But would I be showing integrity with such a "protest" vote?  I don't like a lot of the ideas some of the independent candidates have.  I don't really like the idea of any of them becoming president, now that I think about it.

Am I just too idealistic when I want someone with the integrity not to switch positions depending on his/her audience?  Am I too jaded when I want someone practical enough to recognize that they might have been wrong and are willing to change course should a better plan come up?  Am I too naive when I want a person to run for office that has the guts to run a clean campaign with no "below the belt" blows to his/her opponent?  Do I want the impossible?

Some may want to lump me in the "undecided" voter group.  I disagree.

I've definitely decided that I've had enough of all this malarkey!

No matter what side you decide to support, do go out and vote.

"tomorrow we'll discover what God in heaven has in store, one more dawn, one more day, one day more!"
I

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm afraid to say what I really feel in fear that some one will come and shoot me!