Sunday, October 7, 2012

Monday Musings: autumn fell on me

1.  The weather has turned cooler. If the house is stuffy, all I have to do is open the window and soon the temperature is just fine without a/c or furnace.

2.  Sickness is creeping into the house.  My hubby was going to help me in the yard this weekend but a bout of stomach flu stopped him cold.

3.  LDS General Conference was this weekend.  Wow. Just Wow.  The ages that young people are eligible to go on missions was lowered to 18 for young men, 19 for young women.  That means more missionaries will be going out.  And I'm going to have to work harder to prepare my kids for them should they choose to go.

4.  More interruptions are hampering my yard work - and that planting bed wall in the front still isn't done - and the days are getting shorter and the homework assignments longer.  My race against the snow just got more serious.  Wonder how long this drought year will last? I might have a chance but then there's my luck...

5.  I'm thinking of putting the first aid dummy out as a Halloween decoration. Nothing morbid like hanging him from a noose, but I'm thinking of just laying him down on the porch and covering him with a tasteful sheet.  I'm just wondering if I should wait until the night of Halloween. I mean if I do it earlier, would the neighbors call 9-1-1?


1 comment:

Pam said...

Neighbors might not call 911 but the kids might pick him apart just poking him.