Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I wanna hibernate

The mountains behind us are swathed in gray fog.

Rain has created ponds in our uneven, still-in-progress landscaping.

My kids have made fake graves in the front - looks like a desert ghost town cemetery.

My husband is home on week two of convalescence after surgery on his foot.

I want to curl up in bed and snooze through the upcoming holidays and wake up in the spring when the sun is back.

I know. There is still a family to take care of, and I will do that.  There's just something about this weather that makes me want to bury myself in blankets and take a good long nap.  I know our skin makes Vitamin D with sun exposure but I wonder sometimes if there aren't some solar factories that bump up our energy as well during sunny weather.  That might account for the drop in energy I feel.  My solar panels aren't getting enough sun.


I  have to change gears now.  After working most mornings outside in the yard all summer, I'm going to have find some other project to do inside to get me out of bed besides getting the younger kids off to school.

What are YOU going to do inside all winter?

1 comment:

Pam said...

Learn how to put up dry wall!