Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Say What? I'm working here!

I'm in the kitchen making......sloppy joes. (Sorry, folks. I do NOT do gourmet.)  And then this exchange happens.

15 year old daughter:  (urgently)  Mom!

Me:  (slightly concerned, but not enough to look up from my task)  What?!

Daughter:  (pointing at the ceiling)  Look!  Fly!

Me:  (slightly annoyed)  Yeah. So?

Daughter:  Get it!

Me:  (definitely annoyed)  You get it! I'm cooking here!

Daughter:  Aw, come on!

Me:  No, you get it.  I'm not coming to your house when you grow up to swat every fly you see.  You have to learn how to do it.

Daughter:  (laughing) Of course you are!

Me: Nuh-uh.
She tried and she missed.  Obviously some more domestic training is necessary.

1 comment:

Pam said...

a SPIDER I can understand going to mom BUT A FLY! She must be related to TC!!!