Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Musings: The REAL first week of school

You parents know how it goes.  The homework is light and fluffy the first calendar week of school. Then the first full, all-day, week of school, it all comes like a tsunami.  Wah!

Four kids multiplied by three schools equals a deluge!

How did my day go?  I'm still trying to figure out a schedule.  My chickies are ALL IN SCHOOL!
And I'm finding how easy it would be to just sit and read a book ALL DAY.  Not that productive.

My yard?  Yeah I still have work to do there but it's harder to get motivated to do it.  My mornings are spent making sure the youngest gets out the door. Then I don't feel like I can leave the house without getting the inside chores done.  By the time those are done, then it's lunchtime, and then the temperature outside has climbed into the 90's!  Not really into that.  Hmmm.
Spring - two weeks of weeding...

Now after a summer with the kids digging and sifting every morning...

So, still trying to figure this whole thing out.  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Hey that's progress, considering you have had to do it all on your own!!!

Urban Earthworm said...

I see a lot of potential there! I have no advice. I'm the worst procrastinator of all, and I only have one kid in school!

Urban Earthworm said...

Oh, and the link on my profile is wrong. If you would like to visit me (not that you have to, but I do like visitors), I'm now at www.UrbanEarthworm.org.