Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Musings: End of summer ennui

My kids go back to school tomorrow. Whew!

I was getting pretty weirded out the last week.  I wanted the kids in school, but I knew I was going to miss the slave labor, er, valuable help around the yard.  With a brand new house/yard, there was a lot of work to be done, (and it still isn't half done) and having the kids help me out for a couple of hours in the morning before it got too hot was much needed.  Don't get me wrong, they made me pay for it with all their griping and too frequent water/potty breaks.  Still, digging a ditch for a dry creek is so much easier when I have little helpers.  Builds character though, right?  I'm sure my kids felt like these guys, but honestly, I was always the one that ended up looking like roadkill each day.

Now that the youngest one gets to go to school all day, I'm a little worried about what I'm going to do all alone.  Yes, there's always the yard to get dirty in, but once the cold weather sets in....
Holy cow! What am I going to do?

I suppose I could go find a job, but I really like being a stay at home mom.  And if I don't have to hold down a job, why not stay home.  We're not rolling in wealth but we're not living hand to mouth either.

I could start a new hobby. Unfortunately I seem to be developing A.D.D. as I age. I pursue a new interest long enough to find out that the real fun only happens when you spend a bucket load of money and then the interest fades away.  Like I said, not rolling in wealth here. I have to get my hobbies cheap.

I could finally write that book....(snerk)... nah.

I could go back to school myself, oh wait, that requires a bucket load of money again, dang it!

Shoot. Looks like to do much you gotta have a bucket load of money. But if I get a job, there won't be time to do the things I'd do with a bucket load of money. Sheesh. Can't win for losing.

I guess I'll just have to keep blogging and Cub Scouting and helping with homework and doing those pesky household projects that keep cropping up. Come to think of it, my windows need some serious help and the fridge needs a good cleaning.  Okay, it's not glamorous but it's something.

In the meantime, while the weather is dry, I'll be digging in the dirt. Have a good one.

No comments: