Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Musings: Confessions of a reformed control freak

I don't like uncertainty. I like to know what day, what time, what minute, something will happen so I can plan for it, prepare for it, or procrastinate about it (just so long as it's MY choice how I react to it.)

My move date has been postponed. Ergh. I must now practice patience and be flexible (something harder to do as I age). I mean, I should be grateful that I have more time to clean the current residence and try to figure out how and in what manner I'm going to get internet at the next residence (have you tried pricing out all the available options out there lately?).

On the other hand, other things are on hold. Did you ever set up dominos in a really cool pattern and then when you tip over the first one they fall over nicely until somewhere in the middle there's a slightly too large gap and the whole process comes to a screeching halt? That's what this feels like. And it wasn't me that stopped the dominos falling, it was other factors. I can't just rearrange the dominos and start over, I have to wait for someone else to start the dominos falling again where they stopped.

I've had to go through stuff like this before, so I like to think that I have at least learned not to have a conniption like I would have had in my younger years. It manifests more as a long face and compressed lips and rolling eyes. I know I'm not Job and I'm very thankful for that.

I'm also thankful that this seeming stress is something that is just incidental to something good in the lives of my family and all at once the frustration will pass and there will be new frustrations in another arena.

Just don't get me started on the fact that I have not done any Christmas shopping per se.

Have a good week.

3 comments:

Lourie said...

I know exactly what you mean. I need the details. I need the exact, specific, details or else I am going berserk. Deep breaths. Keep calm. Those dominos will fall beautifully into place soon.

Pam said...

Go back and look at your WHAT MATTERS video.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

Wendy Williams said...

Maybe you'll get to spend one last glorious Christmas at your old place! You'll get there eventually. I'm pretty much the same way. Unknowns are so incredibly difficult for me. Hang in there!