Monday, November 28, 2011

I swear it's better than counting sheep

I've talked about my insomnia before. Last night I settled in front of my computer for some PBS.org. I love how I can watch episodes of PBS shows when I have time to watch them.

Nova is one of my favorites. I'm not a scientist but sometimes I like to stretch my brain with a science documentary. I watched the first of the Fabric of the Cosmos series (which talked about space) and I was still awake and wanted to see the second of the series (which discussed time). The subject was fascinating but I found myself nodding off. Before I knew it, the episode was over and I had slept through half of it. And this even though I'd had a nap during the day! Usually an afternoon nap guarantees that I won't get to sleep until late at night.

I was even able to get to sleep after I got up, shut down the computer and went to bed BEFORE 11 pm!

So if you need to get your zzz's, try this link and watch the time episode.

No comments: