Thursday, September 8, 2011

What do I do with this stuff?

Have you had the little green monsters show up on your doorstep? Well, they didn't come from me, I have big green monsters. Like these.


Yeah. I made the mistake of planting two zucchini bushes. Oh well.

So the first thing you can do with zucchini is make zucchini bread. Here's my mom-in-law's recipe.

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs - beat until fluffy
Add 1 cup oil and stir
Add 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 cups grated zucchini, 1 teaspoon vanilla and stir
Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon salt and three cups flour stir.
Add 1 cup nuts and stir.
Divide batter into two greased and floured loaf tins.
Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 minutes.

I know that everyone gets tired of zucchini bread eventually. I'll add more recipes when I try them. Have fun!

1 comment:

Lourie said...

Too bad we aren't neighbors. I would be happy to relieve you of some of those!!!