Saturday, September 10, 2011

What do I do with this stuff? Two!



Still have more zucchini? The zucchini bread was good wasn't it? You need something else? I did too. Try this.

Zucchini Brownies by Marilyn Winger ( Found in Out of the Best Cooks, Vol. 2, Little Cottonwood Sixth Ward Relief Society, page 92)

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Combine oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool and frost with a chocolate icing if desired. This is a moist brownie.


Good brownie. Seriously I know some of you are thinking, "Horrors! Vegetables in a brownie? There oughta be a law!" but really, it's good. Not the best brownie I've ever had, but a great way to use up zucchini and disquise it in a way the kids will eat.

Until next time - I'm going to have another brownie.

2 comments:

Lourie said...

My cousin did this...but she didn't post the recipe!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Pam said...

Your Dad taught me to cut one of those big green ones length wise, put bacon strips and shredded cheese on the top and broil them until they are done or bake them. I'll let you pick the temp and time. Can't make this too easy for ya.