Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I don't normally beg, but I'll make an exception...

Our little town needs it's own library building. They have some money to build it, but they don't have money to finish the inside. The Library board has entered our homeless library in a contest sponsored by Pepsi. Anyone can go to their website and vote for numerous good causes.

If you happen to be a Pepsi drinker and have noticed those little codes in the caps, those codes can count for extra votes.

I'd appreciate all my friends and neighbors, both in real life and on the web, to vote everyday through September and into October.

Think about your local library and how you and your kids use it. What would happen if suddenly, it was no longer there?

Our "library" is sharing space with the high school library. The general public can't use it except for a couple of hours after school. When the school is on holiday, we can't get in there. For those of us who are voracious readers, but don't have the budget to buy new books all the time, this is a serious situation.

It doesn't cost anything to vote. You can use your facebook ID or sign up for a free Pepsi account.

Please! I'm begging you! Vote for our library!

1 comment:

Lourie said...

For the good cause of a library, I will sign up, but a Pepsi drinker I am not. But I will sign up. :)