Monday, April 4, 2011

Can you be hungover from gardening?


My hubby was home this past weekend after a four week absence. It was a whirlwind of pruning, tilling, cleaning, fixing, pinewood derby car tuning on Saturday followed by passing out in front of the television for LDS General Conference on Sunday. Trying to pack in everything left us both exhausted and bleary-eyed this morning, although it was worse for him because he had to take a late flight back out to where he'll be the next three months. I just have a headache and a long list of more stuff to do.

But! I can point to one part of the garden and say, "It's planted!" We managed to get it done just before the snow hit. Yeah. Snow. It's mostly gone nearly 24 hours later after the storm, but that's spring in Utah for you. Yes I planted cold hardy seeds. Wouldn't have bothered with other stuff because I am sure the last frost is weeks away still.

I'm going to let the "Bedlamites" (thank you Elder Holland!) organize family home evening tonight because I can barely keep my eyes open. It's a toss-up whether it's exhaustion or hayfever that's shutting the lids closed.

4 comments:

Lourie said...

Exhaustion. Plain and simple. I am tired just reading it. Three months??? Sorry.

Pam said...

Isn't it fun to think of Elder Holland as our cousin? I love hearing him talk.
And my vote is that you have allergies. I think I've gone through 4 boxes in the last 2 days.

Patty Ann said...

Oh, I love it!! We had to stop the garden project to finish the floor project. Hopefully this week, we will get the greenhouse done and we can start planting. We always end up with snow on Memorial day weekend. Hopefully, with a greenhouse, we might get a few plants anyway! Your garden is beautiful!!!

Elaine said...

Seriously, that's my new favorite word.