Thursday, March 10, 2011

When the DH is away...

A couple of weeks ago my husband got a new job. He has gone to do training for a while...out of state....for a long time. We'll be using the air conditioner when he gets back.

We've gone through mini-separations like this before - usually because of a job change and I was left to pack up for a move. I don't have to pack boxes this time. It gives me more time to notice that there's someone missing from our family.

Like nearly everything in life, there are ups and downs. Which I shall now list.

Good things:

1. No snoring.
2. I get to stretch out on the bed.
3. I don't feel like I have to make super tasty grownup dinners.
4. The car stays clean for a while.
5. No one sneaks up on me while I'm trying to make dinner.

Bad things:

1. No one to poke if there is a strange noise in the house.
2. The bed is COLD.
3. I eat stuff the kids love and I.....need something else but don't have the energy to fix.
4. There's no one to take a look at the car if it starts making a strange noise.
5. No one sneaks up on me while I'm trying to make dinner.

I miss him.


Time to go the library and get a stack of books.

3 comments:

Pam said...

BOY you are your Father's daughter, a BOOK WORM!!

Lourie said...

My list would look a lot like yours.

Patty Ann said...

I have been there myself and feel the same way. I love having my family all together. It is hard to be separated, even for only a short while.