Monday, March 28, 2011

Say What? From my boys...

We've had gloomy weather all last week: clouds, freezing cold wind, threatening rain or snow but only once did it actually give up any moisture. Yesterday, Sunday, the sky was blue, the sun was shining and it actually looked like spring outside. At our house, the kids aren't allowed to play with friends - it's a family day, a worship day.

At breakfast my older son complained. "How come the weather's nice on Sunday when we can't do anything?"

My answer: "Maybe the bad weather needed a day of rest too?"

.....

This morning at 6:30 my youngest boy barged into my room, jumped into my bed and got comfortable. It isn't the first time, I'm sure it won't be the last. I started tickling him and he told me to stop. I tried to just cuddle with him and he told me to stop. Now I was annoyed.

"If you don't want to be tickled or cuddled, why do you come in here and bug me first thing in the morning?"

He said, "Because I love you."

Well. Shut my mouth.

4 comments:

Lourie said...

That is the stuff that just reduces us to a pile of goo.

Patty Ann said...

He sure knows how to wrap himself around your heart! Sounds like a pretty amazing boy to me.

Pam said...

AND because he is a boy and doesn't want that GOOEY stuff!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh, he is so sweet! What a perfect start to the day. My kids love the hop in our bed all the time, usually around midnight.