Monday, January 17, 2011

Am I a "mormon mommy blogger?"

You might want to check out this post over at A Motley Vision.

I don't know if I can say I'm "stereotypical" when it comes to being a Mormon Mommy. Yes I stay at home with my kids, no I don't always enjoy it. Yes I'm a Mormon, no I don't always live up to my expectations of what a Mormon should be or anyone else's for that matter.

I'm not skinny, I don't wear vintage dresses while doing the dishes, I don't bake cupcakes or make my own jam (though I like the idea of making jam, just don't know how.)

I don't always feel united with the other women of my congregation (ward) but I don't harbor any resentment or bitterness over the fact. I don't always agree with everything I'm told in Sunday School, but I'm not going to fuss over anything but blatantly false doctrine. I'm imperfect, just as my fellow members are.

Notwithstanding my imperfections, I will stand as a member of this church and let you know it, without criticism or apology. I am following my God the best way I know and according to the dictates of my own conscience. I do my best and hope in Christ's atonement to wash the rest of my life's slag away.

So am I a "mormon mommy blogger"? I guess in what matters most, I am. Am I stereotypical? I hope not.

1 comment:

Lourie said...

I am so not Molly Mormon! Haha. I drink Diet Coke, change into my grubs right after church, my idea of making my own bread is using the bread machine. Sewing? What's that!? haha. But I am a Mormon and I am proud of who I am. Well put!