Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A white Christmas indeed



Yes, we have snow...and rain...and then snow again.

Okay, time for a sing-a-long - with commentary.

Oh the weather outside is frightful

But the fire is so delightful (Dang it. I don't have a fireplace.)

And since we've no place to go (The kids are chomping at the bit to go to Grandma's but we have other commitments until Thursday.)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. (As long as I've got kids big enough to shovel the driveway, bring it!)

Oh it doesn't show signs of stopping, (stop, start, stop, start)

And I've brought some corn for popping, (Now, if this is supposed to be a "romantic encounter" song, I don't know how making out with popcorn in one's teeth is romantic. EEk!)

The lights are turned way down low, (to stop your honey from seeing you pick all the popcorn out of your teeth, bwahahahaha)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

When we finally kiss good night, (I'll be exhausted)

How I'll hate going out in the storm (not necessary, because I'm married to a really great guy...he isn't going anywhere!)

But if you really hold me tight, (guaranteed because it's so cold in our bedroom at night - it's purely a matter of preventing hypothermia)

All the way home I'll be warm. (Again, we ain't going nowhere!)

Oh the fire is slowly dying, (did I leave the oven on?)

And my dear we're still goodbye-ing, (Can't stay up late any more - stupid 40 something body...)

As long as you love me so, (I'll love you more if you let me sleep late tomorrow.)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It is great to finally have snow! My son is panicking that the snowman is going to melt in 5 minutes, though. I guess that's what he's used to.

Pam said...

Great commentary! But then that's what we expect from you. Bring some of the humor with you.

Pam said...

THAT instead of THE

Lourie said...

Hahahaha! That was funny. I hear ya about the 40 something body. *sigh* I like my room cold. I hate being hot.