Saturday, September 18, 2010

Worth it.

It was bedtime. The kids were all doing their various avoidance games. I just wanted some time to myself.

The four year old wanted a boo boo fixed on his elbow. It was just a small scrape, but it did look like it needed some antibacterial and a bandage. I got the stuff, sat on his bed, and patched him up and hoped it was all he needed.

He looked up at me and said, "You're the best Mom."

I managed a quiet "Thanks."

I don't know where that came from but I needed that.

4 comments:

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Love the sweetness of a 4 year old. What a blessing my little guy is to me.

Naomi said...

those moments make it all worth while and it is amazing how such a simple comment can bring such happiness :) Naomi.

Lourie said...

I love those sweet little moments. Especially after a trying day.

Hilary said...

I always tell my kids I'm the best mom they've ever had. MAkes us all smile. :)