Monday, August 30, 2010

Huh? That's a new one.

I finally got back on routine this morning with exercise before most of the kids got up. (July really threw that off track.)

I got the first two out the door. I showered. I was dressed before the last had to go. And then I noticed the empty lunchbox.

Crap.

I was hoping to get through the first week without a "the kid forgot to take his/her lunch to school" day.

I packed a well-balanced lunch any mother could be proud of and took it with me while I did the errands.

I get to the classroom and I hand it to the teacher. I wave to my daughter as I turn to leave. And then I hear.

"But I already made my lunch, I just used my blue one."

I'm thinking, "What blue one? You don't have a blue lunchbox." Then I realize she's talking about an insulated lunch sack that came as a freebie at some community event we were at last year. Oh.

I gave the teacher an exhausted look and said, "Okay, fine. If someone else forgot a lunch, she can share it."

I left it there and got on with my day.

I know what you're thinking, you experienced moms out there. "Watch. The kid will leave BOTH lunch containers at the school tonight."

Anyone want to wager?

4 comments:

Lourie said...

I'll take that bet! Hahaha.

just call me jo said...

It will soooo happen. No bets. I love the story.

mormonhermitmom said...

Update: She brought both lunch containers home. I'm shocked!

Pam said...

Come on mother, have a little faith, will ya? LOL