Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Movie Night: Some days are like that

Hubby's car broke down at work yesterday - an hour away.
He took my van this morning - no biggie.

I had no hot water this morning - pilot light went out.
I needed one of those long clicker BBQ lighters to fix it. But no car.
That's okay. We have a bike. Two of the kids wanted to ride along. Great! Exercise.

Then the 10 year old did a face plant (he was on a scooter). Banged up knee, road rash on the hip and both palms. We weren't even halfway to the hardware store. We put him on his sister's bike and he pushed himself home and we followed behind him.

Once home, I gave him an ice pack, some kid's ibuprofen and figured I'd go back, alone, and get what I needed. But then I noticed one of my son's two front teeth was chipped.

I rode back to the crash site, remembering a PSA a long time ago when I was a kid that said if you broke a tooth and stuck it in a glass of milk, the dentist might be able to fix it. I couldn't find it. A million pebbles all about that size lined the sidewalk. I also considered the possibility that he swallowed it.

And then of course there's the part that I know we have a dental plan, but did we ever get a membership card for it? No.

So my son and I are, combined, feeling a little like Principal Rooney here:


Hope your weekend is good!

4 comments:

Momof5 said...

Oh my goodness girl! I think you need to stay in for the day! Hope your luck gets better. Poor little guy. Thanks for the video, I love that movie!

Andy said...

All I can say is "Oh Yeah." I pray things get better too.

Pam said...

GOOD GRIEF WHAT NEXT!!??

Lourie said...

Holy cow! I hope your weekend was better than your Friday.