Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I haven't been sick or anything...

I haven't felt like there was much to blog about. I'm kind of on autopilot trying to do my daily stuff and trying not to go crazy because it's just me and the kids while my hubby is working out of town.

My four year old is still in his pajamas and pulling classic tantrums which I'm doing my best to ignore. "Don't reward bad behavior with attention", right?

Two of my kids are struggling a little in school. They are doing okay for the most part but they each have one subject that just dogs them. And if my oldest doesn't get with the program, summer school will be her reality and that will just mess up a lot of our plans. So I push. "Did you hand that in? Did you do that worksheet? Did you go to afterschool tutoring?" They are both smart kids but sometimes they just don't do what is required of them. They can do it. The question is, will they? That whole "Your child is not meeting his/her potential" just gets my pantyhose in a knot.

I check the state's air quality index every day to check and see if I can burn the piles of twigs and leaves in the backyard. It was okay on Sunday, but of course, we don't do work on Sunday, and then yesterday the index was bad so...I wait some more.

That snow we had last weekend? All gone. I want to plant a garden now, but I know there are a few more weeks of possible hard freezing, so I'm trying to be patient. It's been years since I had the chance to do any gardening. I'm not good at it, but I like trying. The kids want to grow their own pumpkins and watermelons this year.

I guess I'm in a holding pattern. I'm waiting for hubby to come home, I'm waiting for the wind to blow just right, I'm waiting for my kids to understand they can do better if they just put in a little more umph, I'm waiting for patience in myself...

...hurry up and wait. Wait! Hurry up!

Well, what are you waiting for?

4 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Hahah.....same thing you are.....a little more time before the garden goes in (except for peas...they can go in now).

When Newell and I married he didn't know anything about gardening....but now he grows the best in our neighborhood (well, I might be just a little bit prejudiced in that respect). :)

You can have tomatoes growing now now if you put them in walls-of-water.

Lourie said...

No gardening for me, I have a black thumb. Both my girls are struggling but for different reasons. *sigh*

Pam said...

Whatever happened to letting the child know that improper behavior is NOT tolerated? One Indian tribe I read about in college said that they would say to their children, WE DO NOT DO THINGS THAT WAY. OR That is not OUR way!

Andy said...

Best of luck to ya.