Monday, February 22, 2010

Who am I and what did I do with me??

I did my walking video workout this morning, got the kids off to school, and then did my weight workout, and after the morning chores I went out in the backyard and raked leaves for over an hour. Wait a minute! TWO hours of physical activity? In a single day? Wha????

I've actually managed 30 minutes of exercise, 6 days a week, since the first of the year. GASP! Have I lost weight? Um. No. Dang it. But I do feel a little more energetic the days I exercise (I don't feel I need a nap in the afternoon). Sundays are hard now. I don't exercise that day because, well, exercise is work and I think my body deserves one day of downtime a week. My nap usually happens in Sunday School.

I know I should be attentive in Sunday School. I mean the guy works hard to prepare a lesson that is spiritually uplifting and edifying and I'm sitting there trying to hold my head up. But man! There's just something so soothing about that guy's voice that I find my eyes drifting shut and my neck turning to jelly and then I'm off to an Old Testament dreamland. Have you ever seen Moses on a dirtbike? No? Lucky you.

It's doubly hard because our meetings this year run from 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. That's right, we have to try to be reverent during lunchtime. Maybe I just need to smuggle in snacks to get the old blood sugar up. What do you think? Jerky? Dried banana chips? Pretzels? What would be inconspicuous and non-fattening?

6 comments:

Lourie said...

We have that time also. it's a very hard one. Especially on fast Sunday. String cheese and some crackers. Eat them before class starts. Bring a small bottle of water. Just bury them deep the church bag where the kids won't see it. haha.

The Mom said...

Just don't do peanut butter or tuna fish. The smell drifts like you wouldn't believe, and heads will be turning fast to look for the source! Not that I would know...

Pam said...

Jerky!
Hey what are you doing raking LEAVES this late in the season???
What happened to your snow?

Elaine said...

I totally LOLed at your Sunday School nap part...hahaha

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Momof5 said...

You go girl!!! You are my inspiration!

Vern said...

I get a headache EVERY. SUNDAY. I'm thinking about starting to pay my tithing on Tuesdays to see if that helps.