Monday, February 1, 2010

Good morning

There wasn't any fog/smog over us this morning. The western mountains of our valley were pink-tipped as the sun crept over the eastern mountains. It was a breathtaking sight while I waited with my younger son for his bus to pick him up for preschool.

Later my older son made sure I got out of the house by leaving his lunch on the counter. Off I went to deliver it. I went to my older daughter's school after that to see about a possible afterschool club she could join to help her adjust to the move. I found her bike locked to a sign post a block away from the school. Is she embarrassed by the bike? Is it not cool to ride a bike to school? I looked for a bike rack at the school and didn't see one. Hmmm.

As I was driving home from her school, I saw two deer in someone's front yard. I slowed down and stopped while I saw one nonchalantly jump over the fence, cross the road in front of me, and duck under some trees in another yard. I slowly moved forward and spied the second deer follow after the first in my rearview mirror. I couldn't tell if they were just two does having a stroll or if it was a mama with an older fawn looking for some civilized brunch. Either way, it was fun to see.

I have managed to exercise six days a week for a month. No weight loss to speak of, but I do feel a lot warmer in the mornings. A big thank you to Leslie Sansone for creating a workout video that doesn't kill off those of us who are trying to get back in the exercise habit after a loooong time.

I am very aware of my blessings this morning. I hope you all have a good day.

8 comments:

Andrew said...

I have seen quails outside my apartment complex and I still can't get enough of them.

Pam said...

I've got birds outside my window and I think I DO have enough of them.
It would be fun to see a deer out the back though.

Lourie said...

My daughter left her PE clothes behind! Kids. I miss seeing deer. I am going to get her dvd too. I have heard a lot of good things about it.

JustRandi said...

What a great morning. And good for you for seeing the beauty of it.

Sometimes I get so involved in thinking about my own little world that I forget to look up and notice what's going on around me.

Nikia, May and da kids said...

Aww, seriously, your daughter locked her bike a block away?

= (

I use to watch the moose in Alaska walk around all the time because I knew I wouldn't live anywhere else that afforded me the opportunity to watch that.

May

Elaine said...

LOL! I like the way you rephrased your son's lunch! and no bike rack at a school?? That is very weird... Good job on working out! That is pretty amazing, seriously. I try to do it five days a week and it's not even for that long but I'm so drained by the time I come home that I dont' wnt to do anything!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

I use Leslie Sansone quite a bit. I no longer can do high impact due to my hip replacements and now my bad knees/back.

Nicole said...

I am so glad the inversion has lifted! Ugh! There is nothing worse than feeling closed in when you KNOW those mountains are right there! Good job on the exercise regimen!