Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sweet Chariots!

We heard that there is a chariot association in our county, and that people could come watch some races on a weekend for only a buck a person. I thought, COOL! I expected something like this...

But what we saw was this...
videoI know. The horses need to be safe, the drivers need to be safe, and only two teams and a straight sprint without worrying about handling curves keeps the injuries to a minimum. Ben Hur ruined me. It was cool to hear the real duddadum duddadum duddadum of the horses' hooves as they pounded down the track, but I wanted MORE. It didn't help that there was at least 10-15 minutes between each race. My kids got bored and wanted to bail in favor of playing board games with their aunt and drinking her hot cocoa. It was cold and breezy outside after all.

Oh well. At least we got out and saw something different.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

"He'll be driving four white horses when he wins. Yee-ha.
He'll be driving four white horses when he wins. Yee-ha.
He'll be driving four white horses,
He'll be driving four white horses,
He'll be driving four white horses when he wins. Yee-ha!"

I can see why you would be excited to see a race. After reading the Iliad and it's chariot race after the battle outside Troy, I got excited too. What is it with crashes that makes everyone cheer?

Lourie said...

HAHAHAHA! Not bad for a buck tho. It's good that you are finding things to do. We have a bad habit of settling in and staying IN!

Pam said...

HAHAHAHA I thought your movie was going to run out before they got to you!

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Nothing can beat Ben Hur!

Nikia, May and da kids said...

I like that they have races for you to watch. Chariots, sweet!

I love Ben Hur!

May