Monday, January 11, 2010

And a one, and a two, and a....

(Huff, puff, wheeze, snap, crack, oof!)

That's me exercising.

I know. Why did I start, right?

I was tired of being tired. I was tired of looking at myself and not liking what I was seeing.

My almost four year old can outrun me. That's never a good thing.

There are some pretty mountains around here and if I don't get in shape, I won't be able to see them any closer than I can get my wimpy van. Some of the best places in the mountains you gotta hike to.

I'm doing it right this time. I got a low impact video to work on first and it's mostly walking in place. At the same time I bought that one, I bought a cardio dance video. Once I get bored with that I'll go back to the cardio-kickboxing one I got two years ago which kicked my butt, but good. And I'm not looking at the longsuffering bathroom scale every day. Nope. Not gonna. This isn't about weight.

No really it isn't.

Okay maybe it is just a teeny weeny widdle bit, but mostly it's about not running out of air after five minutes of tag. I mean, seriously, how can a kid respect his mom if she doesn't give him a little bit of a challenge during a game of tag?

And for the record, of the many things in life that aren't fair, why does a woman's metabolism have to tank after she's done having kids? The kids may be sleeping through the night, but I'm not! C'mon! Not all grammas have to be cushier than their armchairs. Aren't skinny grammas just as lovable? Not that I'm anywhere close to being a gramma yet, not by long stretch, but by the time I slim down, I MIGHT be.

If you hear tortured screams in the early a.m., don't worry, it's just me. Just stick that cotton in your ears and roll over, cause dang it, a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do. Wrap those knees before stretching!

5 comments:

Pam said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! If you exercise every day and follow that diet I sent to you, you will be down in 6 months time without blinking! Well it's ok to blink I guess.
Did I tell you I started a class in Zumba? I'm going to take a video and put it on my blog on Friday!

Andrew said...

Best of luck and have fun!

Crystal Escobar said...

lol, I love your blog, you're so cute!
Just came across your blog somehow :)


www.balancedmoms.blogspot.com

Lourie said...

Yet another bloggie buddy who is inspiring me to get moving. Way to go. Keep it up. Throw the scale out the window. They are liars anyway.

Nicole said...

you go girl! Try taking Vitamin D for your tireds too. And get your thyroind checked! Not just the TSH levels but your T3 and T4 too. But I love workout videos. The library probably has some and if you do Netflicks, they have them to. Just to keep the routine spicy.