Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh my mountain home! Or maybe more accurately...

My valley home surrounded by mountains. Here are a few pics from a park near the local high school. Yes, singular, it's that small of a town. These were taken before the string of snow storms that began a couple of days ago, and we won't be seeing non-snow days for a while.






There's more white on those mountains now. The roads into those mountains are said to be pretty rugged (and us with no 4 x 4) so it may be spring before we can explore them properly, but the kids are already asking when we can go camping. I'm adamant. The overnight temperatures have to be above 50 F. As long as I have a warm home, I'm not trekking into the wilderness in the winter on purpose. My husband may do it on his own, with any of the older kids who are crazy enough to think a tent is anywhere near as comfortable as a twin bed with three blankets on top. The younger ones stay here, and that's Mom's final say in the matter.

4 comments:

Nikia, May and da kids said...

That is a great view of the mountains. The kids will know it was a good move when they grow up to NOT be couch potatoes. Enjoy your time there.

May

Pam said...

Those mile walks everyday is going to slim the kids down, I think.

Lourie said...

A little piece of heaven on earth. Can't wait to see the snowy pics and the transformation into spring!

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

When I lived in Colorado for a while I sure missed those beautiful mountains!

I am like you and your rule on camping. seingarc