Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm BAAAAAAAck!

Okay, except for a few misc. boxes, we are settled in, Christmas tree and all. The kids don't have internet on their computer yet, but that's okay, it'll happen. As long as Mommy's computer is up, Mommy's happy.

I love where we are now. A little town at the southern tip of the Great Salt Lake. You can see STARS at night. For three years, we have seen the moon, one bright star near the horizon, and countless planes flying in and out of PDX and now...STARS! God is the ultimate exterior decorator. I do miss the trees of western Oregon, but I love knowing where I am by seeing the mountains in the distance.

I heard a rooster crow the other morning (squeal!), and there are homes with sheep and horses and cows in the back yard. The kids are no longer bus students and they have to watch where they step on some of the sidewalks. My 12 year old daughter shouted out the other day, "I hate the smell!" to which I replied, "Ah smell that dairy air!" I think it's better than the emanations from the water treatment plant we used to live a block away from.

We have been SOOOOO blessed. I feel like my kids will have some valuable experiences here. Of course not everything has been picture perfect, but I'll post about that later.

To Be Continued.

6 comments:

Pam said...

I'm GLAAAAAAAD you're back. I'm also glad you can give out with the puns.....good one. I like our mountains too. Hey maybe walking for will be a Godsend for all, good exercise. Just have them watch out for those cow pies!

Nikia, May and da kids said...

I hope you and your family enjoy your new digs. I'm a fam of Oregon. I think it's a really beautiful outdoorsy state. I'm sure more outdoors now in cow country.

May

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Welcome back, Robyn.

Lourie said...

Sooo glad you made it are already digging in your roots.

Nicole said...

I am so happy to hear you are settled! You will have to e-mail me and let me know what town you are talking of at the tip of the Great Salt Lake. (moncur1@juno.com). I love the trees up here, and being originally from New York, I missed the trees when we lived in Utah. But now I miss the wide open plains. I love the farm land and the heart of the American West. So glad you are all under one roof too!

Andrew said...

I'll have to visit one of these days now that you're closer.