Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Losing some weight

I wish I could say I have shed 30 pounds off my body - no such luck. Not that luck has anything to do with losing weight.

You see, my husband and I have a goal for this upcoming move: only ONE 26 foot long moving van. In the past it has been one 26 foot long moving van, AND two regular pickup truck loads and a small trailer load plus. More than one trip was involved. We figure we don't want to do that, so it has to be ONE 26 foot long moving van. There will still be a trailer involved but that's mostly for the motorcycle. I mean that KLR would take up too much space in our ONE moving van.

So we have been trying to give as much junk away as possible. Today will be the last we see of a large screen television with it's accompanying cabinet. It's NOT a flat screen t.v., thus it is HEAVY. It was given to us a couple of years ago when a friend of my husband's was moving and decided he didn't want to take it with him. Now we don't want to take it with us. It'll take two of us to remove the back seat of the minivan so there is room for the beast. It'll take two of us to get it into the van and we will pray neither of us sustains any injuries. Then it will get donated to a thrift store so someone can pay to sustain their own injuries. It still works after all. Some body builder can get some serious bragging rights to own it.

(In my best Ahnold accent:)
"Yah! I got it at Goodvill! I can benchpress it during Oa-prah and get really Pahmped up!"

The best part is there will only be one t.v. after this beasty is gone. The kids are going to have to share! No more Dora the Explorer after 5 p.m.!

5 comments:

Momof5 said...

Good weight loss plan! And the fact that you can take off all of that weight in a short time too. I am envious! The buttons and seams on my humble abode keep stretching to the limit. Time to diet! God Bless your move!

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

It's amazing how much stuff we accumulate during our sojourn here on Earth. :) Can't wait until you are closer!

Lourie said...

We got rid of lots of stuff before we left VA. We still required a huge moving van and had over 100 boxes! And as for TV...well during the regular seasons Fall/Spring I do not share after 8PM. Haha

T&JCrawford said...

Wait. . . When and Where are you moving?!!?!?!?! I can't get a straight answer because you still don't know, right? You are just planning ahead or do you know where you are going? You never call. I will call you.

mormonhermitmom said...

I wish I knew exactly "when and where" myself. That's one of those "wait and see" things that test my patience. Close as I can get is "Utah" and "before the year is out".