Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's Official. I've lost my mind....Have you seen it?

In the last week I have:

Prepared a pan of chicken and instead of putting it in the oven, I put it in the fridge, where it wasn't discovered until two hours later when I opened the oven and was surprised to see no chicken.

I purchased a DVD thinking that I didn't have it in my collection and it was on sale so woohoo! Only to find that I actually DID have that DVD already. Fortunately I have not opened the new one at all, so maybe it could be exchanged.

I have been reminded by children (my own) that I said I would do something in the morning and then still not done it by dinnertime. And I'm the one that is yelling at them to not forget to turn in their homework, or finish their chores on time, or to lock their bicycles up before dark. (Watch them cough, "HYP-ocrite")


Raced to dress my 12 year old daughter when her youth group advisor showed up at the door to take her to a nice dressup event and all we'd done was clean house that morning. My daughter said, "you lost track of the time". I retorted, "so did you, you wanted to go to this thing, now here take my knee-highs, quick!"

I HAVE NOT:

Left a child somewhere wondering where mommy went - yet.

Left my hot chocolate on top of my car and driven four blocks before seeing it fall to the ground in my rear view mirror - and not likely to but I've heard this happens to other people that buy coffee.

Locked my keys in the car - this week.

Dropped my kids off at a different ward's Primary activity - this year.


I think I'm in trouble. I haven't hit 4 0 yet. No one tells me this gets better either.

6 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Ha,and when you start menopause it gets worse.......plus all those hormones changing it's almost like being a teenager, all over again. Hang in there. :)

Lourie said...

Oh man! I tell ya it is scary how much I can relate to this post!!! hahaha. Too funny. At least you put the chicken in the FREEZER and not a cupboard! I try to do this with milk and ice cream all the time! As for remembering something I promised my kids I would do...pfffft...it has to be written down! Hahaha. Just know you are not alone. We are all going down together! Imagine the party we will have.

Pam said...

No wonder we are going to get this big REWARD for enduring to the end!
We have to put up with tons of stupid interference in this life.
I couldn't find my glasses one day and found them in the dish washer! They must have slipped out of my pocket when I bent over to fill the dishwasher. I guess my most stupid one was leaving the car on while I went in and enjoyed a two hour show. How come nobody just drove off with my car!? Were all the thieves asleep that day?

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

If you're going to San Francisco,
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.......... :)

Lea-Ann said...

I can so relate. Except for the not leaving the kid somewhere. I actually did that when there was only ONE of them! I am enjoying your blog!

Kelly Bryson said...

Hmmm. This is too familiar to be funny. Or is it funnier and comforting that I'm not the only one? I took the kids to the dentist, thought I had the wrong day, turned around, changed my mind, turned back around, and finally checked the date on a newspaper in a gas station to be sure. Good times:)