Saturday, September 19, 2009

We're doomed. Warning: major rant ahead.


If you don't want to hear me on my soap box, turn back now. It's not even PMS induced, just so you know. You've been warned.


I have no confidence in our politicians, I don't care which brand they are. I don't even care if they belong to the same church I do. I can't see that they are looking out for us, the citizens of this country, but only for themselves.

Public service? HA! You mean they are serving themselves.

I just read a book that I think everyone needs to read. I hope this Johnston guy exposes all of the current administration's shenanigans as well as he did the previous one. Except, I didn't get the book until after the fact. Why can't the mainstream media be more aggressive about holding politicians accountable? Obviously they are now in collusion WITH the politicians. Why the never ending celebrity tantrums? WHO THE CRAP CARES? I especially don't care if a politician dies. Certainly not enough to hear about it for four days.

Why do we always think that "this candidate will be better" come election day? Why do we think that thieves will rat out other thieves? I vote, but increasingly I find there are few I would feel alright about voting for. I know what kind of system they are getting into, or I thought I did. I hate reading stuff that show me it's even worse than I thought, but then isn't that the problem to begin with? We don't want to know and the politicians know that? So they do whatever they want and figure we won't care? Short of locking them all up and starting from scratch, what's a normal, not-rich person to do? Write letters? Yeah right. You try it and see what kind of condescending "you don't know all the sides to the problem" letter/email you get back.

If you're brave enough to get a taste of what I've been reading lately, go here. I'd love to see what this guy digs up on the current government, if he lives that long.

Sigh. Okay. I'm going to ream my Congressmen and wait for the stupid "you don't know nothin'" letters just so I can say I tried to do something but...maybe it would be just as effective to say to Congress, "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!" and call it a day.

3 comments:

Mamma Christine said...

I've actually only gotten thoughtful responses from my elected officials, but I completely agree that the choices on election day are all getting less and less appealing. Time for our parties to go back to the drawing board and come up with something worthwhile. Definitely.

Pam said...

Wow Robyn! What would your old orthodontist have to say about those teeth today?
What was his name?

mormonhermitmom said...

The sadist? I probably shouldn't type his name on the internet, I might get sued for libel/defamation.