We've lived in Oregon for five years now. I was leary of leaving UTah to start, but now I know there are lots of great places to live, so it's not a big deal anymore living amongst the "Gentiles".
My husband has been told a certain position he applied for has not been filled YET. And he has other feelers out there as we count down the final weeks of his current job. It's a little disconcerting knowing there is possible unemployment in the near future, but no one is panicking. So we continue to wait.
A couple of the opportunities he is seeking might well lead back to Utah. And while it would be great to be closer to family, we also know it won't be the end of the world if we end up staying in Oregon, or going someplace else. We want what is best for our family as a whole and we are praying that God leads us to where he wants us, where he wants our kids, where it is best for us to be.
Right now the hardest part is "not knowing". And that's where the test of faith comes in. It's always the hardest times to have faith that makes your faith grow. So we are working on growing our faith. But we do know we will survive, and things will work out eventually.
How's that for your "faith promoting rumor"?