Monday, September 21, 2009

Deep breath in.....and ouuuuuuuut.

Thank God for Sundays. I mean that literally. I don't remember the talks in church all that well because I had squirmy kids to deal with, but after church I felt a lot better. All that crap I've been absorbing left me with only a mild residue to clean up. And I was blessed with only six little kids in nursery instead of the usual 12-14. Don't get me wrong. They are all cute in their own little ways, but when there are only me and one assistant, that's a high toddler to adult ratio. A smaller group makes for better one on one time and less arguments over toys.

Yes, I have asked for more assistants. The Primary presidency says they are working on it. They are doing their best. I like to think I'm doing mine, though I know there's always room for improvement.

I was just grateful that yesterday, even though it wasn't a "perfect" Sunday, my spiritual batteries got a thorough flush and recharge. I finally get what Christ meant when he said, "Come to me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I shall give you rest."

Sure enough.

6 comments:

Lourie said...

12-14 IS a lot for two people. Hopefully you get at least one more person in there soon. It's a tough calling to fill. Glad your Sunday was good for you.

Pam said...

You're going to have a really special award when you get to heaven Robyn. You're work ethic has been perfected!

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

I love to be spiritually recharged!

That is a very high ratio and hard to work with but I know you are a wonderful Nursery worker!!

Terresa said...

We have 4 nursery workers in our Primary. One of them rotates out each week to attend R.S. It seems to work pretty well.

One of the biggest joys of serving in nursery for my husband and I were the snacks. ;) Just call us foodies...

Mamma Christine said...

I love the Sundays I come home feeling like a weight has been lifted. I'm glad that happened for you.

T&JCrawford said...

Rumor has it you are coming back to Utah possibly?