Thursday, August 13, 2009

Say What: I'm an not a licensed hairdresser

We have some electric clippers. We use them on the boys. My youngest is almost looking shaggy and I keep telling him he needs a haircut soon.

He always says, "No, I no nee har ka"

I know there is no sense arguing with a toddler. I just haven't got the energy yet to set him on down and git-er-done.

He came into my room the other night, whilst I was wrapped up in a book after dinner, and he had a pair of little scissors in his hand. He said, "Mommy, I gi you a har ka a sizzus"

"No, I don't want you to cut my hair with scissors."

"You cu my har a sizzus?"

"No, I don't want to cut your hair with scissors. I'll cut your hair with the clippers."

"No, you no cu my har a a, no."

"Yeah I'll just buzz your hair."

"No, you no bu my har."

We'll see who gets the last word.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Those are words? JK
I vote that you win. Kids need to look neat, huh?
I remember taking Jaden to get a hair cut. I held his hands and your Dad held his head! I wonder if he ever forgave us for the army tactics we used on him? He was very vocal!
HAHAHAHA

Danielle Thorne said...

rotfl..i remember those days...then they turned into teenagers and wouldn't let me near them with scissors OR clippers. $15 for a haircut is just so WRONG!