Thursday, August 20, 2009

My apologies to the Children's SongBook and Dorothy Andersen

Mom's Version (sing to this melody here)Oh what do you do in the summertime, when all the kids are bored?
Do you go to the park, that's lost all it's spark
And swing until you cry?
Is that what you do?
So do I!

Oh what do you do in the summertime, when all the kids are bored?
Do you watch the t.v., until you can't see,
and dream of pumpkin pie?
Is that what you do ?
So do I!

Oh what do you do in the summertime, when all the kids are bored?
Do you buy them new clothes, while they plug up their nose
Whining, "Mom, I can't wear that, I'll die!"
Is that what you do?
So do I!

Oh what do you do in the summertime, when all the kids are bored?
Do you sweat in the shade, think that you overpaid,
to that ice cream truck that went by?
Is that what you do?
So do I!

Oh what do you do in the summertime, when all the kids are bored?
Do you think it is cool, to send them to school,
Two weeks early, oh that would be fine!
Is that what you do?
So do I!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I swear your talents are being wasted. Pretty Good I must say!

Mamma Christine said...

That's great! So creative. And sending to school two weeks early...might be nice :)

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Love your version of the song! You have caught the lament of all mothers everywhere.