Monday, August 3, 2009

Lost and Found

I have a list of items that are missing: a carving knife, two library CD's and a library book, and certain financial documents that are critical.

I have learned that sometimes the only way to find things is to deep clean, pull everything out and put it back and purge what is not needed, and MAYBE I'll find what I am looking for.

But I really didn't want to do that today. I have other "must do" things today, but this list might suddenly become a "must do" if I don't do.

And my kids are hiding from me. They are not in the mood to help. They want a lazy summer, I want a sane one where I am not picking up everybody's mess. Someone is not going to get their way.

I'll let you know if I find my brain in the process.

3 comments:

Pam said...

You're joking, right? ALL mother's brains go into numb mode in the summer. It's the only way to survive!!!
Happy September!!

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Hope it is YOU that gets their way... :)

Nicole's crazy Blog said...

sounds like my summer. we have a missing library book that is not even worth looking for let alone pay the fine. If I ever find it I will tell them no one else was going to ever chech it out anyway, so why not waive the fee.

But I did get the garage in order yesterday.

And my kids watched TV after helping for an hour. Oh well. It was easier once they were gone.