Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gone Fishin





My kids have varied interests, which makes it really hard to satisfy everyone when planning an outing. My older son wanted to go fishing really bad, and the neighborhood fishing hole was fortunately close enough to the kids' elementary school, that I could fish with him and have my 12 year old take the more flighty kids to the school playground. It has finally cooled off enough that I knew I wasn't going to die from the heat. We found a nice shady spot at the pond to sit in, and except for one anxious time when my fisherman went off to find a better spot and I couldn't locate him, it was a nice quiet outing. The younger kids even found a few small blackberries to munch on. I know because there were purple stains on my youngest son's clothes when we all met up back at the van. (They will NEVER come out.) So except for my oldest daughter looking annoyed and put upon, I think most of us had a good time.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Jessica, YES you need your picture taken every so often so that we here in Cedar and see what you look like as you grow through the years. So stop pouting and give us a smile once in a while, will ya?
Ben Grandpa wants to know if you caught a fish. If you are going to write about fishing you need to finish the story.......

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Looks like fun. Heather and Jake have taken their two boys fishing. Sam really seems to love it; Jack just wants to run around and throw rocks in the water.

T&JCrawford said...

Great pictures! What type of camera do you have? Guess you're not using your cell phone like I do most of the time.

mormonhermitmom said...

It's a Pentax Optio 550, a few years old, but okay for point and shoot. It's video feature makes mov files unfortunately so the video doesn't come out great on my players. Some day I'll get a real video camera and a good camera with a zoom lens. But for now, thank heaven there is photoshop;)