Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's just the sleep deprivation, honest.

Little sleep last night. Heat, plus three kids taking their turns every couple of hours retching, plus loud, irate neighbor equals 2.5 hours nonconsecutive sleep.

5:00 a.m.

Youngest girl: (retching over the side of the upper bunk) Hack, Hack, Hack!

Oldest girl: (yelling from the lower bunk) Hey! Go do that in the bathroom!

Youngest girl: Ho ahhh (additional puking)

Oldest girl: (ticked off now) Go to the bathroom! You'll feel better. I did.

Youngest girl: HU-ugh! (projectile vomits onto oldest sister's hoodie on the floor.)

Oldest girl: (frantically screaming) Oh for Heaven's sake! Go do that in the bathroom!

Youngest girl: (weakly) Don't shout. You'll wake Mom.

Mom: (rising wearily from bed, grabs her bedside garbage can and goes to girls' room to give it to the youngest daughter.) Here, puke in that.
(to oldest daughter) Go back to sleep, I'll clean up in the morning.


Oh, guess what I saw when I went to Wal-mart to buy Gatorade, Pedialyte, Jell-O and chicken noodle soup! A large Ford Clubwagon van, painted a slightly darker shade of purple than lavender, with a cow horn bolted to the hood and a big bloodshot eye painted underneath the horn.

YES! It was a One-eyed, One-horned, Driving, Purple Clubwaggoner! Made my day. And my camera was with my husband on his overnight camp with a bunch of Scouts. Argh. LOL!

Hey, I told I was sleep deprived...

4 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

So sorry you have sick kids.

Oh the days of being a mother are filled with lots of neat memories. :)

Pam said...

Well at least the waking hours are sporadic. Poor little TC is having a rough time training Jasmine to sleep all night.
REMEMBER THOSE NIGHTS?

Terresa said...

Oooh, what I would give to see a picture of that thing! It would be enough to make the most hard working sleep-deprived parents {you} smile. And that's a good thing.

Momof5 said...

I hope you are feeling better by now! Poor things! God Bless!