Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cub scouts leads to mypyramid leads to...

So in an effort to help my son fulfill some of the requirements for his Wolf Cub trail (Cub Scouts), I prepared a Family Home Evening lesson on proper nutrition and exercise using MyPyramid.gov, which led me to the President's Challenge.

I've managed to do 30 minutes of exercise two days in a row (woohoo) and hopefully I'll keep at it. I'm not an exercise fan, and apparently I need virtual "gold stars", but if that's what it takes, then it's all good right? I even started a group and invited my family to participate, even though I know that they are all extremely busy (this is NOT a guilt trip, just something to force myself to exercise "just in case" one of my family joins the group and checks on my progress, really!)

If YOU would like to join my group, leave your email in the comments and I'll send you instructions on how to sign up. It's free to participate.

3 comments:

Ritsumei said...

Good luck! It's a bit of a lifestyle shift, to be sure. My husband and I are doing something similar, though we aren't using the president's challenge.

Pam said...

GO TEAM!!! I've already lost 50 pounds from Silver Sneakers so don't feel inclined to join, as I've already joined.

Nicole's crazy Blog said...

I'll join! I do love to work out actually, but hate to get up early to do it. Thus I only get 2-3 days in. And I love snacks and all things that sound like "cupcake" or make up a cupcake, like batter and frosting. So sign me up and get me a gold star!
moncur1@juno.com