Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In the last 24 hours...

1. I've cleaned up a half inch of water in the bathroom that my youngest so joyfully splashed out of the tub.

2. I've woken up to an old cell phone whose musical alarm got stuck in a feedback loop and didn't quit for two hours.

3. I've made cookies and eaten too many of them.

4. I've sorted through laundry and found at least 10 pieces of clothing that need to be mended.

5. I've made taco soup, AGAIN, because it's cheap and I can do it in the crock pot so I don't spend hours in the kitchen, and because it's healthy and I can eat it with chips instead of a spoon. My husband is getting sick of it, but when you're on a budget, you can't be gourmet.

6. My youngest has fallen asleep in my lap, just in time to have some peace before dinner but too late to avoid "waking up crankiness".

7. We babysat our hometeacher's kids, and to my dismay, the youngest was in a cloth diaper. It's been YEARS since I've changed a cloth diaper. BONUS: No poop, and the thing closed with snaps, not a pin, PHEW!

8. The neighbors upstairs had an hour shouting match, AFTER the police came and went to settle the domestic dispute.

9. My oldest let me know that she has misplaced a book from the school library and they want money for it. We told her, "good luck".

10. We got a blog giveaway prize in the mail and since I don't have a laptop my husband gets it. It's the new Star Trek movie Enterprise on a laptop skin. Too cool.

4 comments:

Pam said...

BUSY BUSY MOM
One day you will look back and say, WOW did I actually have four kids!!!????

Rainy Day Farm said...

I'm so glad I am not the only woman in crazy mommy land. You are not alone in your suffering. I love your D&C scripture to remind us all that we are doing a great work. Sorry for terrible neighbors. Nothing is worse than that, not even cloth diapers.

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Yeah, you will look back and realize that it all took just a few seconds for the kids to grow up and have families of their own.

Ginny said...

I love posts like this. It really helps to learn more about someone.