Sunday, April 5, 2009

Umm, okay, no accounting for taste.

Weeks ago my three year old kept pointing to the lemon juice concentrate bottle in the fridge. It's a tall green bottle, so I thought he was mistaking it for pop. After trying to explain to him that it was for cooking and not for drinking, he had a meltdown, and I let him learn by experience. He took TWO sips before giving it up.

So I figured, good, he won't try that again.

Um no.

He just asked his dad for some. My hubby gave him some and let me know so I could watch. His lips just pursed ever so slightly. I asked him, "Are you drinking that?"

He nodded, yes.

Then after a SECOND sip, he came to me with the cup and said, "Thi no goo" (This is not good.)

I said, "Okay, go put it in the sink then." Which he did.

I hope some of the other lessons of life don't take two tries for him to learn. Lemon juice is one thing....

3 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

It's sad, but some of us need to hit our heads against a brick wall several times before we realize it hurts and not to do it again. :)

Momof5 said...

:* :* When life gives you lemons, suck on 'em, right? Oooooohhhhhhhh, my bad. I still have a lot to learn from 3 yos. Great post! God Bless your puckered face!

mormonhermitmom said...

Ooooh Good Pun! Why didn't I think of that??!