Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring! Well, yesterday, anyway.

We've had a beautiful two or three days of 80 degree weather. The little pale pink blossoms on the trees around our apartment complex kicked it up a notch to SHOCKING PINK!

KAPOW

My husband was all for taking advantage of the nice weather, so we went on a hike. Our oldest was still away at Outdoor School. Just as well, she would have protested against going anyway. (It's such a let-down to be so uncool all of a sudden. Who gave preteens the authority to be cool police, huh?)

We saw new flowers poking out. I have no clue what this is, but I liked it.


It was uphill going in and downhill going out, and there were plenty of places where I was nervous my three year old was going to "fall down, and break his crown".


Despite my nervousness, I could still enjoy this...


And this...


And now we're back to chilly and overcast "average" spring in northwest Oregon.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Well at least you got one day until the onslaught of summer comes. BTW your Dad said the other day that the reason behind scouts and father's and son's outings is to get the little guys away from mother's that won't let them do dangerous stuff. Sounds like you let your kids do it anyway.

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Such beautiful trees!! It wonderful you have such beautiful scenery and be able to hike and go for walks.

Pam.... that is so true. (I know because I was one of those moms that worried) :)

Fitzy said...

Wow. That is gorgeous! What an amazing place to live. Dont think I would leave.
Found ya on Mormon Mommies...